1 large yellow onion, peeled, sliced thinly
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. butter
8 oz beer* (1/2 tallboy CAN)
3 slices of Double Cream Brie*
1/4 cup Nonna Pia’s Cabernet Merlot Reduction
Your favourite burger, bun & toppings
HERE’S HOW WE DO IT/METHOD
1. Melt butter in frying pan on med-high heat.
2. Add olive oil AND onions.
2. Cook over med-high heat until translucent and start to caramelize.
3. When the onions start to stick to the pan, deglaze with beer.
Add 3-4 oz of beer, mix, Repeat until beer is finished, cook onions
to a golden to dark brown colour.
4. Add Nonna Pia’s Balsamic Reduction and cook for 1 minute over
high heat while stirring, remove from heat and set aside.
5. Cook the burgers, when ready melt CHEESE on top then place on bun.
6. Smother with onions, Add your favourite toppings (if desired).
8. To finish drizzle Nonna Pia’s Balsamic Reduction over onions.
Chef Norm’s Notes:
FEELING BOLD? IPA’s add more body and flavour.
LOVE CHEESE? Danish Blue cheese is incredible.
Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!