1 Loaf | Cook Time: 3-40 Min
7 cups unbleached flour
1 Tbsp table salt
2 tsp of dry active yeast
25 fl. oz. of hot water
1 sheet parchment paper
HERE’S HOW WE DO IT/METHOD
- Place all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl and thoroughly combine.
- Slowly add water and mix until all flour is combined. There should be no residual flour around edges and dough should be sticky.
- Place bowl in a plastic bag and tie plastic bag closed, make it as airtight as possible.
- Let dough rest for 12-18 hours. The dough will rise, almost tripling in size and you will see bubbles forming on the top of the dough.
When bubbles are formed, remove bowl from bag and collapse the dough by pulling the dough away from the edges of the bowl until most of the air has left the dough.(do not remove dough from bowl).
- Place the bowl back in the plastic bag and seal one more time and allow dough to rest and rise for another 1-2 hours until it reaches the same volume as before you collapsed it.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove bowl from bag. Place parchment paper on counter and turn dough onto parchment paper using a spatula. Be careful not to over handle the dough as you will deflate it, let gravity help you get it out of the bowl.
- Lightly dust dough with flour then slide cookie sheet under parchment paper and place in oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until crust is golden brown.