*This recipe can be easily adapted depending on number of servings*
6 pieces of Shrimp (per person)
Yams/Sweet Potatoes, cubed
Nonna Pia’s Balsamic Glaze
Salt & Pepper to taste
Pinch of Sugar (if desired)
HERE’S HOW WE DO IT/METHOD
1. Cook 6 pieces of shrimp in garlic butter for about 3 minutes. Finish with fresh chopped parsley.
2. Chop up beets & yams (either used precooked beets or boil beets first for 30-45 mins depending on size and peel) and yams into half inch cubes. Season with garlic powder, salt & pepper, olive oil and a bit of sugar. Roast at 375°F for 30 minutes.
3. Lay a bed of arugula on a plate.
4. Top with roasted beets and yams and cooked shrimp.
5. Drizzle Nonna Pia’s Balsamic Glaze on top.
6. Squeeze a wedge of lemon all over.
RECIPE COMPLIMENTS OF Irene Phan @phancouver