Recipe serves: 4
1 rustic loaf or foccaccia
4 medium tomatoes, diced
2 oz fresh basil, diced
4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
8 fl oz extra virgin olive oil
125 g Danish blue cheese
3 fl. oz. milk
½ Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
Nonna Pia’s Classic Balsamic Reduction
HERE’S HOW WE DO IT/METHOD
PREHEAT OVEN to 350F
— Bruschetta Mix
1. Dice tomatoes into ¼ inch pieces and place in medium size mixing bowl.
2. Remove basil leaves from stems and dice leaves finely and add basil to bowl.
3. Peel garlic and crush using garlic press into bowl with tomatoes and basil.
4. Add olive oil and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly, allow to rest for 30 minutes to infuse flavours.
5. Cut loaf in half horizontally and place both halves on baking sheet.
6. Spread bruschetta mixture evenly over both halves.
7. Drizzle remaining oil from mixture on bread evenly.
8. Place baking sheet in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
— Blue Cheese Drizzle (use hand mixer to blend)
1. Place blue cheese in mixing bowl that will fit the head of hand mixer
2. Add milk and blend with hand mixer.
3. Add lemon juice and mix until the consistency is that of a creamy dressing.
4. Place mixture in piping bag. If you don’t have a piping bag, use a small ziploc bag and put mixture into it that.
5. Once bruschetta is nice and warm, remove from oven and place on plate, cut into personalized pieces.
1. Make a small cut in one of the bottom corners of the piping or ziplock bag and drizzle forming a zig-zag pattern, follow with the Balsamic Reduction in opposite zig-zag pattern.